MTN Uganda Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to recruit a competent individual to fill the following Position;
Job Title: Senior Manager – Financial & Operational Audit
Reports to: General Manager – Internal Audit & Forensic
Division: Internal Audit & Forensic Services
No. of Vacancies: 1
You may also like:
- African Union (AU) Recruitment : Open Jobs/Application
- USA Embassy Recruitment : Open Jobs/Application
- 10 Easiest Countries to Obtain a Work Visa
- UNDP Recruitment : Open Jobs/Application
Main Job Functions:
- Performs advanced level and/or managerial professional internal auditing work including the following:
- managing or conducting audit assignments;
- providing consulting services to organizational management and staff;
- managing the identification and evaluation of the organization’s risk areas
- providing major input to the development of the annual audit plan and ensuring efficient and effective execution of the audit plan and amend as and when necessary
- Incorporate knowledge gained from consulting engagements into audit assignments and overall audit plan
- managing challenges arising from prioritization of planned internal audits & other assigned projects
- managing the performance of teams and team members
- evaluating the quality of the audits performed and providing necessary feedback
- conducting the necessary supervision and quality assurance procedures in accordance with MTN Uganda’s Internal Audit policies, procedures and methodology manuals
- performing the necessary human resources tasks (i.e. developing job descriptions, interview and appointment, measure and monitor performance, train, coach, supervise and counsel subordinates)
- skills transfer to internal auditors to ensure staff development, motivation and business continuity
- measuring and evaluating the adequacy of controls by:
- Developing an understanding across MTN about the adequacy and effectiveness of its control strategies, structures and systems
- Contributing to improvements in the functioning across MTN of the risk management and controls systems
- Monitoring the operation of identified controls and recommendations on an ongoing basis
- Ensure the existence and ongoing adherence to the policies, procedures, methodologies and standards within the internal audit function
- Provide regular feedback to line management on progress of work performed at their request
- Continuously market the Internal Audit function across the organization by maintaining productive client, staff, and management relationships through individual contacts, regular meetings and road shows.
- Assist in the preparation of audit committee papers
- Provide support to other assurance processes to ensure that the overall opinion incorporates the risks identified in the underlying processes
- Foster a culture of risk awareness within the company
- Provide input to the overall audit methodology and supporting processes to ensure compliance with the required standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors, MTN Group methodologies and International Best Practice
- To ensure that planned audits are carried out and any areas for improvement discussed and reported to senior and executive management
- Perform complex, non-standard, ad-hoc tasks as requested by the GM; IA/FRM.
- At least a good university degree in business, engineering or mathematical courses or in a related field from a recognized institution
- Certification as a CIA, CPA, ACCA or CISA.
- Postgraduate degree in business administration, Auditing and Consultancy, or a related field will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years in an internal audit function within a telecom environment or 4 years in external audit specializing in business process assurance with a reputable audit firm. At least 4 years of managerial experience will be required.
- Experience both GSM and None GSM (Mobile Financial services) assurance services
- Experience in use of CAATs specifically ACL exchange
- Sound knowledge of risks & controls
- Broad working knowledge of auditing techniques and standards
- Strong experience in performing and leading business risk assessments as well as development and execution of audit plans.
- Working with senior management and exposure to general telecom and or service industry operations
- Internal audit,
- Fraud management,
- Business risk management,
- Internal controls,
- General management
- Revenue assurance/protection
- Mature person with the highest degree of integrity and honesty
- Proven planning, organization and analytical skills,
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills in English
- Skill in conducting quality control reviews of audit work products.
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Extensive skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Considerable skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Skill in using a computer with word processing, spreadsheet and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries and analyses.
- Considerable skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Proven leadership and competence in managing effective teams amidst challenging audit assignments
- Basic practical skills in IT auditing are critical.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including report writing
- Project management skills
- Negotiation & Leadership skills
- Analytical + statistical skills
- Facilitating and presentation skills
- Planning skills
- Ability to motivate and mentor
- Integrity, Friendly, Simplicity and Teamwork
- Must follow MTN values: Integrity, Innovation, “Can-do”, Relationship and Leadership
- Show Leadership by guiding subordinates, when interfacing with all stakeholders.
- Show Integrity by being honest and also be at the fore front to enforce risk and forensic management to ensure best practice
- Show Can do by demonstrating the ability to perform a task, that’s not been done before, to the end
- Show relationships through establishing relations with people that one interacts with i.e. colleagues, MTN Group
- Show Innovation through recommendations made on best practices
- Ability to handle diversity and embrace change
- Independent and diplomatic
- Inquisitive with a unique eye for detail
Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply