Position Title : Senior Project Assistant (Labour Migration and Social Inclusion (LMI))
Reference No : VN/UG/008/2022
Duty Station : Kampala, Uganda
Classification : General Service Category (G6) 1 Position
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 1st July 2022
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Management, International Relations, Development Studies, Migration Studies, or related interdisciplinary fields from an accredited academic institution with four years of relevant professional experience.
• High school degree/certificate with minimum 6 years of relevant working experience.
• Experience in program management, monitoring budgets and burn rates, planning, coordination, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of program activities.
• Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, national/international institutions, United Nations agencies and non-governmental organizations.
• Experience in working with migrants, refugees, internally displaced persons, victims of trafficking and other vulnerable groups; and,
• Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
• Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
• Has working knowledge in Oracle or SAP system for budgets monitoring, burn rates and procurement system.
• High computer literacy in Microsoft applications and other technological solutions.
How to apply:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé highlighting the required education and experience.
NOTE: Appointment to this position is Subject to funding confirmation.
Interested applicants may send their applications to email@example.com no later than 1st July 2022.
Reference Number and Position Title: VN/UG/008/2022 – Senior Project Assistant (Labour Migration and Social Inclusion (LMI)) G6 should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Posting period: From 17th June 2022 to 1st July 2022