Requisition ID: req28236
Job Title: Supply Chain Volunteer
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Volunteer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kampala, Uganda
The Supply Chain Volunteer will Report to Supply Chain Officer. He/she will be responsible for ensuring the overall care and maintenance of the Kampala stores, Transport and Assets records. The Supply Chain Volunteer must be able to maintain impeccable Supply Chain related files and maintaining audit-compliant records.
They are the focal person to receive all mail and distribute it to the intended recipients as well all documentation from the field offices that requires approval from Kampala.
- Assist the SC Officer Warehouse & Stores to ensure that stores documentation is updated in a timely manner upon receipt and issuance of items.
- All warehouse documents (Waybills, Product Receipt are filed properly
- Regularly audit Supplier files and make updates as soon as gaps are realized
- Maintain and update supplier files by ensuring filing is done correctly as per SC Records Management SOP.
- Receive documents from the field and follow up with approvers
- Track all documents sent to the field
- Assist the Supply Chain Officer with processing payments, recording the payments in the payments book, and ensuring the payments are submitted to finance.
- Assist the SC team with printing documents, scanning, and filing as and when the need arises.
- Assist the SCO-Warehouse to ensure goods, equipment are signed for received on the request form (office expendables) or waybill (all other items).
- Work with the SCO Warehouse to manage and document the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods through the IRC Kampala warehouse.
- Assist the SCO Warehouse to implement and ensure clear loading / unloading procedures, correct stacking and turnover (FIFO) procedures.
- Where necessary organize or carry out the transportation of goods to the carrier premises for onward road shipment.
- Supervise truck loading and documentation follow up.
- Assist with stock take and stock counts.
- Manage and document the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods through the store(s).
- Receive completed store’s request forms and prepare the goods for issuance.
- Degree or Diploma in Procurement and Supply Chain Management.
- Strong sense of personal integrity and commitment.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem-solving abilities.
- Available to join immediately
- Knowledge of generic store management systems and forms
- Physically mobile, able to lift 30kg without strain.
- Competent in spoken and written English
- Good mathematical skills.
- Competent in computer use and maintenance
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
Please note: Deadline for receiving applications is June 22nd 2022.