Job Title: Principal, Mbale University College
Rank : CUM1
Reports to: Vice Chancellor
Salary & Benefits: Attractive & Competitive
Uganda Christian University (UCU), a private Institution founded in 1997 by the Province of the Church of Uganda, is dedicated to the preparation of students for thoughtful, productive lives of Christian faith and service in their respective professions and places through teaching, scholarship, service, spiritual formation, student development and social involvement. Uganda Christian University is seeking to recruit an Anglican person who is highly motivated, visionary, innovative and committed to fill the position of Principal at Mbale University College (MUC), a constituent College of Uganda Christian University situated in Mbale. This is a senior position within the University’s Management structure and top position at the College responsible for the administration and organization of Mbale University College. The Principal shall hold office for a term of four (4) years which may be renewed subject to conduct and performance.
The prospective candidate must:
1. Be a committed Christian and member of the Church of Uganda or of the Anglican Communion of Churches in fellowship with the Church of Uganda; a person of very good standing within the Church and community, and of high integrity;
2. Be a holder of a PhD from a recognized institution of higher learning;
3. Have held a senior management position in a recognized institution of higher learning for at least five (5) years; or possess equivalent senior managerial exposure in a reputable and comparable public or private sector organization. 4. Have served at either the level of Senior Lecturer for two (2) years or Lecturer for five (5) years in a recognized institution of higher learning;
5. Not be less than 45 years of age.
Experience and Key Competencies:
1. Demonstratable experience in conducting and promoting learning and research in a competitive hybrid learning environment;
2. Knowledge and understanding of national laws and policies pertaining to higher education;
3. Demonstrable potential for initiative and innovation for holistic growth of the University College and development of the community;
4. Strong team leadership skills and demonstrable knowledge of strategic planning and execution;
5. High ethical standards and professionalism;
6. Literacy in ICT and a good appreciation of technology that supports higher education and learning;
7. Experience in establishing relevant partnerships and collaboration with key stakeholders;
8. Having published in national/international journals or books, and presented at national/international conferences/ seminars will be an added advantage.
1. Serve as the Chief Executive Officer of the University College;
2. Provide leadership, guidance, coordination and planning for the University College;
3. Ensure the preparation of financial statements, budgets, reports and auditing of University income and expenditure for presentation to Management and Boards for approval;
4. Ensure compliance with and implementation of approved policies and procedures to ensure continued service delivery;
5. Provide strategic oversight over the administration and organization of all academic matters, including admissions, undergraduate studies, post-graduate studies, examinations, research and publication;
6. Ensure that there are systems to guarantee continuity of good content and quality of learning, innovation, instruction and research among students and staff;
7. Promote the image of the University College locally and internationally;
8. Uphold the University’s Instruments of Identity and ensure staff and students’ compliance;
9. Any other official duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Vice- Chancellor.
Method of Application:
1. Submit an application letter together with an updated Curriculum Vitae and three references (Academic, Pastoral & Leadership).
2. Attach copies of certified academic and professional certificates and transcripts.
3. Please Note: Applications sent online should have all the attachments as 1 [ONE] PDF document otherwise they will not be considered.
To: Secretary, Search Committee for the Position of Principal- Mbale University College
C/o Director Human Resource and Administration
Uganda Christian University Pilkington Building, P.O. Box 4, Mukono
OR Email: email@example.com
Deadline: 11th April 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted