The VMMC Health Educator is responsible for community sensitization and conducting VMMC related trainings. They are responsible for assessing the clinical problems of clients and carry out circumcisions. The jobholder will also provide technical camp leadership in the areas of VMMC service provision, quality assurance, and quality improvement for better clinical outcomes.
- Work closely with district VMMC teams and the follow up nurse and CO (TBD) at static sites to fast track VMMC activities.
- Support the district and community structures to sensitize communities.
- Support district VMMC counsellors (at your static sites) to provide appropriate health education, counselling and VMMC /HIV Prevention messaging
- Provide appropriate IEC materials and messages for VMMC counsellors and clients.
- Support the district and community structures to mobilize eligible clients with particular focus on the priority age group (15-29 years) for VMMC.
- Support district VMMC counsellors in counselling clients before the VMMC procedures.
- Identify training needs of district staff and coordinate VMMC related trainings with the capacity building team.
- Support timely follow up of clients following VMMC as per standards.
- Support the site VMMC Teams, follow up staff and community structures to track clients who miss appointments and report adverse events.
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
- · Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Community Health or equivalent.· At least 3 years’ experience in providing VMMC services.
- · Must be registered with the Allied Health professionals’ Council.
- 3 Years Relevant Experience
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.