Job Title: Warehouse Officer
Organisation: International Lifeline Fund (ILF)
Duty Station: Lira, Uganda
Reports to: Logistics Manager
Duration: Seven Month with possibility of extension
International Lifeline Fund is a non-profit international humanitarian organization with its head office in Washington D.C and a local presence in Sub-Saharan Africa, as we continue to expand to other countries in Africa, including Haiti in the Caribbean Islands where we have impacted thousands of lives through our work. Our team works with local partners and communities to improve the quality of life of the underprivileged by exponentially expanding access to clean water and energy solutions. We strive for a world in which no one suffers from a lack of access to clean water and energy. Lifeline works in two sectors: Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) in both the development and humanitarian contexts.
Job Summary: Under the overall supervision of the Logistics Manager, the Warehouse Officer will be primarily responsible for overall management of store operations of International Lifeline Fund with a particular focus on development of plan to monitor the usage levels of storage, managing warehouse facilities and reviewing the quality and efficiency of warehouse storage and layout plan. The Warehouse Officer will ensure that all Lifeline business are conducted in professional manner which comply with International Lifeline Fund set policies and guidelines
Key Duties and Responsibilities.
- Ensure all procured supplies are properly received and released in accordance with the set store policies and procedures
- Maintain stock cards updated for all the items received and released from the stores.
- Conduct stock take and physical count, at all Lifeline warehouses, reconcile and ensure accurate inventory.
- Manage and update programs and logistics of prevailing stock levels both at office and factory warehouse
- Coordinate with program heads to maintain established restock levels and ensure inventory always remains well stocked to ensure a smooth flow of production and program operations.
- Take lead and liaise with the designated team to conduct monthly warehouse inventory.
- Train factory storekeepers in conducting timely and accurate monthly physical inventory and submit reports upon conclusion of the activity.
- Maintain physical condition of the warehouse by organizing layouts, inspecting equipment, issuing work orders to repair and requests for replacement.
- Work closely with programs to provide quality and seamless support to Lifeline programs
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and supplies or supply chain Management required
- At least two years of prior experience in Logistics, stores management, or Supply Chain Management. Knowledge of the humanitarian and/or development sector would be an asset.
- Relevant experience in supply chain with specific focus on warehousing will be an added advantage
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Diligent, dedicated, and able to see complex procedures through to completion.
- Able to communicate complex information clearly, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office (particularly Excel, Outlook, and Word).
How to apply
All candidates should apply at the link below.
Deadline: 20th May 2022