Educate!, an award winning non-profit social enterprise is looking for self-driven, highly enterprising and enthusiastic candidates to fill the Youth Leader Positions (7) in Uganda. Three (3) of the successful candidates will join our high performing Virtual Innovation Programs (VIP) Programs Team while four (4) will join our highly innovative Out of School Youth (OosY) Programs Teams.
Educate! prides in creating impact and spreading this impact to thousands of more youth across the Country. The Youth Leaders will be at the heart of supporting the mobilisation of ambitious youths, recruit and support a team of mentors that will be delivering the skills based course & mentorship to the youths, support in Monitoring, Evaluation & database; and field logistics management.
The right candidates for this opportunity are excited about working with young and ambitious youth, self driven, passionate about our mission of creating leaders and entrepreneurs in Africa, and committed to being part of a high performing team!
Educate! prepares youth in Africa with the skills to succeed in today’s economy.
We tackle youth unemployment by partnering with youth, schools, and governments to design and deliver solutions that equip young people in Africa with the skills to attain further education, overcome gender inequities, start businesses, get jobs, and drive development in their communities. Our goal is to design skills-based education and employment solutions which impact youth life outcomes sustainably and at scale.
In 2019, we partnered with the governments of Uganda, Rwanda, and Kenya and measurably impacted over 46,000 youth in and out of schools while reaching 470,000 learners more broadly, making us the biggest youth skills providers in East Africa. Amidst the coronavirus pandemic, we’ve pivoted to create and deploy a distance learning model based on our proven in-school experience, and reached over 100,000 students by October 2020.
Read here to learn more about Educate!’s distance learning model. https://www.experienceeducate.org/covid-19-response
Two rigorous external evaluations of our flagship in-school model, including a randomized controlled trial, found that towards the end of secondary school, participants of our program earn nearly double the income of their peers. A follow-up RCT found that four years later, youth achieve strong and lasting shifts in skills, coupled with significant improvements in education and gender equity-related outcomes, especially young women. Our graduates change their lives and their communities, such as Daniel (https://www.experienceeducate.org/all-blog/2019/4/4/educate-graduate-daniel-creates-impact-in-his-community) who opened a rural health clinic in his community employing two people and conducting about 350 checkups per month.
Educate! supports governments with integrating skills-based curriculum nationally. This includes partnering with Uganda’s government to integrate curriculum and a Student Business Club structure into Uganda’s entrepreneurship course nationally and serving as a technical advisor to both Rwanda and Kenya on national education reforms. Educate! is a non-profit social enterprise with over 160 staff and 300 volunteer youth mentors. We have been backed by top foundations such as MasterCard, Big Bang Philanthropy, Echoing Green, Ashoka and Global Innovation Fund. Educate! won a 2018 Klaus J. Jacobs Prize (https://jacobsfoundation.org/en/kjj18-educate/) and was featured in a video ( https://youtu.be/Ax62qs4VAI0),( http://www.experienceeducate.org/blog/2015/9/16/educate-named-2015-wise-awards-winner) and was highlighted by Bill Gates(http://www.experienceeducate.org/all-blog/2016/7/26/bill-gates-mentions-educate-in-speech-at-nelson-mandela-annual-lecture), in the World Bank’s S4YE’s Impact Portfolio(https://s4ye.org/impact-portfolio), an Al Jazeera documentary(http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/rebel-education/2016/12/uganda-school-life-educating-poverty-161216165604567.html), Forbes 30 under 30 (http://www.forbes.com/special-report/2014/30-under-30/social-entrepreneurs.html), and The Brookings Institution (http://www.experienceeducate.org/all-blog/bookingsreport) as one of 14 case studies in their global scaling education learning initiative. Educate! was also selected by the UN’s Generation Unlimited as 1 of 20 innovative youth solutions and by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation as a Goalkeepers Accelerator(https://www.gatesfoundation.org/goalkeepers/accelerators/).
Educate!’s long-term vision is to design solutions that measurably impact millions of youth across Africa each year.
Youth Leaders – Virtual Innovation Program (VIP) – 6 Positions
● Mentor ‘cheer’ Coaching
● Mentor Recruitment
● School relationship support
● Monitoring, Evaluation & VIP Database Support
If you’re interested in the Youth Leader – VIP position, apply directly at this link. https://boards.greenhouse.io/educate/jobs/3676015
Youth Leader – Out of School Youth (OoSY) Program – 4 Positions
● Mentor Management
● Mentor Recruitment & Training
● Monitoring, Evaluation & OOsY Database Support
● Field Logistics Management
If you’re interested in the Youth Leader – Out of School Youth (OoSY) position, apply directly at this Link. https://boards.greenhouse.io/educate/jobs/3676164
For more details about the positions above, and how to apply, please go to
● Diploma in Education or related course, with at least 1 year of teaching experience www.experienceeducate.org
● Basic computer literacy and experience: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email, google drive etc.
● Engaging and interactive trainer with passion for coaching team members, with experience in training and capacity building.
● Fits our Five Cultural Tenets (see What is Educate! About? below); Learn more by looking at Educate!’s culture deck here (http://www.experienceeducate.org/careers/#culturedeck)
● Salary is commensurate with experience
● Attractive Benefits & Perks including Medical Insurance.
● Locations: Candidates should be residents of any of the following districts: Kampala Wakiso, Tororo, Mbale, Mbarara, Nebbi/Pakwach, Kamwenge, Kole/Oyam and Arua/Kole.
Why You Will Brag About Working At Educate!
● We’ve got the impact.(http://www.experienceeducate.org/impact)
● Educate! is designed for scale. We quadrupled operations in 2014, going from 54 to more than 200 schools served. We carefully measure our outcomes, and — here’s the best part — we are maintaining quality at four times the size.
● We believe in local leadership — 97% of our on the ground staff is African.
● Our model has gone nationwide in Uganda — Educate!’s model is now incorporated into the national curriculum and exams, impacting thousands more students than we can reach directly.
● Educate is a well-oiled learning machine. We built our model by methodically testing hundreds of assumptions and we are constantly experimenting, evaluating, and improving.
● We’re honored that luminaries and leaders like Oliver Wonekha, the Ugandan Ambassador to the US, and Ann Veneman, a former Secretary of Agriculture and head of Unicef, believe in us enough to have joined our advisory board.
Intrigued? Apply directly at this link (https://boards.greenhouse.io/educate/jobs/3676015) for Youth Leader – VIP positions and this Link (https://boards.greenhouse.io/educate/jobs/3676164) for the Youth Leader – OoSY program positions.
Or visit our website on www.experienceeducate.org/careers. You will be asked to upload a resume, and respond to a few questions: Deadline for sending applications is Monday, 28th February 2022